Mailing Specialist (Database Mailing Operator/Programmer)
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE:
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Mailing Operations, the Database Mailing Operator/Programmer is responsible for the setup and management of client managed data base information for the purpose of direct mail processing applications. Timely and accurate execution is critical in this role. This role works with an experienced team engaged in the latest, cutting edge print and mail technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Database duties include:
- General database cleansing, import/export, organization
- Understand and use business rules logic
- Use of BCC Mail Manage software to presort, certify mailing data
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of security policies and procedures
- Work with shop floor production personnel in printing and addressing mail using laser and inkjet printing technologies.
Programmer duties include:
- Customer Contact
- Job specification and rules review
- Programming business rules logic in various output systems (XMPie, Fusion Pro, MS Access, Planet Press, MS Word, Jetletter, Printshop Mail
- Variable output proof creation and review
- Quality Control documentation and verification of projects.
- Solid Ms Windows technology/software experience and general IT/systems knowledge
Comfort working with and organizing data
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
Confidence communicating with outside clients and vendors and inside production team members.
Clear background for work in high-security environment.
- Job requires employee act in a professional, courteous manner at all times, especially when dealing with customers.
- Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires guiding oneself with little or no supervision and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Job requires an independent thinker – one who is able to identify improvements in the process flow of the work and make recommendations.
- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science / Information Technology
- Industry experience helpful
- Strong Computer and math skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with agents, customers and other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move product cartons up to 50 pounds. Accommodations will be made for instances where lifting over 50 pounds is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Regional Sales Consultant
Zenger Group – Available Territory: North/East Coast, US. Manufacturing in (Buffalo/Niagara, New York Area)
As expansion and growth continues at Zenger Group, a need for a major market East Coast consultant is available. The ideal candidate is a passionate, proactive individual who shares the company’s commitment to deliver the very best solution, product and service in a dynamic environment. This highly self-motivated field rep will operate from their home office and be held accountable through weekly and monthly reporting. Being a client advocate, the consultant will develop and mature long-term client relationships while anticipating and reacting to opportunities. With continual client focus, the candidate will also manage internal and external expectations while delivering a clear and measurable value proposition.
Basic business responsibilities include sales reporting, forecasting, quote, proposal, job and invoice review and overall client financial accountability. Strong written and verbal communication skills along with internet, mobile, MS suite and CRM knowledge is required.
Desired Skills & Experience
10+ years of demonstrable consultative sales success in a role requiring prospecting, cold-calling and new business development.
General understanding and knowledge of digital, conventional, variable and custom printing, direct mail opportunities and other services available.
Self-motivated and excellent work ethic with a long-term commitment to sales success.
Ambitious, aggressive and tenacious about personal, client and corporate success.
Zenger Group is a boutique marketing service provider offering unique print and mail options to an array of clients for the past 60 years. Each solution is customized to their specific needs, maximizing the Zenger team’s years of knowledge and equipment. The diverse capabilities allow for a one stop destination for savvy business’. Offerings are currently completed in one of the 5 western New York plants by over 110 highly skilled associates. High quality printing, mailing and fulfillment services are offered at competitive prices. Enjoy the flexibility of multi-color digital/variable printing, high speed conventional sheetfed presses, complete bindery and finishing along with large capacity inkjetting, lasering and inserting. Custom card tipping line capable of personalization and matched mailings. Visit zenger.com for complete group information.
Outside Sales Representative
Let your creative side make you a living. Buffalo’s leading print and mailing specialist is looking for a self starter with no fear to make cold calls or new introductions. Knowledge in printing, graphics or web helpful but not required. Multitude of offerings keeps selling exciting. Many regions available. Standard business program proficiency a must. Fill out the form below and attach a PDF of Word Document of your resume’ in confidence. No phone calls please.